The Tetouan Mediterranean film festival is a cinematographic event that aims to promote the Mediterranean cinematography in a spirit of exchange, of sharing and of conviviality.
It was founded by the association “Amis de Cinéma de Tétouan” (Act) in 1987. The first editions were organized in the form of Cinema Encounters of Tetouan.
Since 2006, the TMFF is organized by the foundation of Tetouan Mediterranean Film Festival.
ARTICLE 1 :
The 25th edition will take place from March 23th to March 30th, 2019 in Tetouan.
The official program contains the following sections:
1. Feature-length, fiction and documentary films competition.
2. Special sessions: feature length fictions and documentaries.
4. Guest of the Mediterranean
6. Program “ In the school of the festival”
7. Screening “Children/young”
8. Workshop “The set” (Screenwriting)
9. International colloquium
10. Round tables
Article 3 :
The films participating in the competitions (full-length and documentaries), special sessions, retrospectives should be in a DCP support.
The films that can participate in the competition should meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Should be produced in the last 12 months.
• Should not have been commercially distributed or operated, with the exception of the Moroccan films.
• Should be directed by Mediterranean filmmakers
• Should not have been programed in any other Moroccan cinematographic event.
• Should not have been broadcasted on the social networks ( Youtube, Facebook, etc)
The executive board of the festival is the only responsible of the selection of the films participating in the competition and the other sections
Once selected, no film could be withdrawn from the ongoing program of the festival.
The films that are presented in the festival (Competition and other sections) must be in an original version and subtitled in French.
If the original version of the film is French, it must be subtitled in English.
The admission form as well as the link of the proposed film should be sent to the festival at the latest by January 30, 2019.
It is desirable to send a DVD of the film after the inscription
Those copies will be kept in the festival archives. The request should include:
• A technical file of the movie.
• A biography of the director
• A picture of the director
• Poster and pictures of the film.
• All useful additional details
The recommended deadline of the proposed films (Fiction and documentaries) is January 30th, 2019.
The jury shall consist of international figures that are very reputed in the fields of cinema and arts.
The persons, participating in the production and the broadcasting of a film that is selected for the competition, cannot be part of the jury.
The festival will award 9 prizes for the feature-length films and documentaries.
The jury should obligatorily award the following prizes:
• The Grand Prize of the city of Tetouan 70 000,00 dhs
• Mohamed Reggab prize, special Jury 30 000,00 dhs
• Azzedine Meddour prize for the first work 25 000, 00 dhs
• Best male actor prize 15 000.00 dh
• Best actress prize 15 000.00 dhs
• Musthapha Mesnaoui prize, critic’s prize 20 000.00 dhs
• Grand prize of the city of Tetouan 40 000, 00 DH
• Special Jury prize 20 000, 00 DH
• First work prize 15 000, 00 DH
• The final list will be published at the latest by the beginning of March 2017.
A tie prize will not be awarded.
The foreign films are subject to the temporary import regime.
The selected films should undertake to display the "Official Competition" logo of the Tetouan Mediterranean Film Festival on all the advertising material.
The selected movies should be made available to the Festival at the latest by January 30th, 2018.
The copies of the selected films must be received by the only accredited forwarder (DHL) by the Tetouan Mediterranean film festival at the latest by March 15th, 2019.
The transport fees of participating films shall be borne by the festival.
The Festival insures copies of the films as soon as the reception. Liability of the festival shall terminate as soon as the resending of the films. In case of loss, the liability of the festival is engaged only within the limit of the indicated value by the producer on the admission form. In case of damage, the producer should send a certified invoice from a laboratory, within a time limit not exceeding one month after receiving the copy of the film.
The executive board assumes the responsibility of ruling on the questions that are not established by this regulation.
This regulation is drafted in Arabic. It is translated into French, English and Spanish.
The Arabic version shall form the basis for any litigation.
All Correspondence must be addressed to:
Festival International Cinéma Méditerranéen de Tétouan
BP 10 Tétouan Maroc
Téléphone 212.39700210 T
Site : www.festivaltetouan.org
Taking part at the festival implies the acceptance of the present regulations and the preliminary respect of the conditions of pre-selection.
The 25rd edition of the International Festival of the Mediterranean Cinema of Tetouan will take place from March 23th to 30th, 2018.
The registration of the films in the competition (Feauture-length and documentaries) and in the special sessions will be open until January 31st.
The selected films should be produced between 2018and 2019 The subjects of the films should reflect the art, the culture and the Mediterranean spirit.
Registrations are closed!
The Festival of Mediterranean Cinema of Tetouan
Immeuble de l’Institut National des Beaux-arts Cité scolaire, avenue Mohamed V
BP 10 – 93000 Tétouan / MAROC
Tél/Fax : +212 5 39 70 02 10